Skip to Main Content

Educational Administration

Master of Arts in Education

Designed for working educators, the Master of Arts in Educational Administration cohort-based program is designed to prepare future leaders in private or public K-12 education. Concordia University Irvine’s program provides the opportunity for teachers to continue working while taking one to two courses at a time. The program equips aspiring administrators to make strategic decisions, effectively lead, nurture, and sustain school cultures conducive to student learning. The MAEd Educational Administration degree program is standards based and allows candidates to earn a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential while demonstrating competencies in the CalAPA cycles while earning a Master’s degree. The Concordia Master of Arts in Education: Educational Administration program is compliant with CalAPA. The program is offered online.

Request Info

Professor speaking with a student on campus


Throughout your coursework, you will be guided through 100 hours of practicum with a credentialed veteran practitioner. The credentialed veteran practitioner, along with your Concordia-based administrative supervisor, will coordinate and partner to help guide and provide you an enriched practicum experience.

Start Term Start Date
Summer 1 May 6, 2024
Summer 2 June 24, 2024

All dates subject to change without notice. Always check dates with your advisor before finalizing any trips.

MAEd Term Start Dates

Complete your Master's degree in Educational Administration by enrolling in our advanced online degree program. Our program is designed for the working professional. Gain the knowledge, confidence and experience needed to prosper in your career under the guidance and mentorship of expert practitioners.

Apply Now

Cohort-based Programs

The MAEd: Educational Administration degree cohort-based program is directed toward the preparation of K-12 master classroom teachers and is offered fully online.

School of Education

Concordia’s School of Education offers four different teaching credentials, seven distinctive Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) graduate degrees, and a Doctorate of Education (EdD) in Leadership. Classes are small and focused on the development of critical, independent thinking, and are taught by experienced Christian faculty members. Concordia’s School of Education enjoys an excellent reputation in the academic community as thousands of graduates lead in schools throughout the region. Students gain targeted knowledge and proficient skills to connect, care, collaborate, and create in their unique role in education. Our goal is to equip students to pursue opportunities and advance their career.

Learn More About the School of Education

Admission Requirements

Applicant must hold a valid bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.

To complete your MAEd Educational Administration with Preliminary Administrative Services Credential admission file you will need the following:

  1. Online application
  2. $50 non-refundable application fee
  3. Official copies of highest degree granting institution transcripts
  4. Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better
  5. BSR passage
  6. Valid Credential*
  7. Verification of minimum 2 years of Successful Full-Time Teaching Experience. 

    Documentation of teaching experience must be on the district or employing agency letterhead and signed by the superintendent, assistant superintendent, director of personnel, or director of human services.
    Before Concordia’s Credential Analyst can recommend a student for a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or Preliminary Credential, the student must have completed five (5) years of successful, full-time experience in public schools, non-public schools, or private schools.  Full-time service means service for at least a minimum day for 75% of the total days in the school year.  (Substitute or part-time service does not apply). 

*Possess one of the following valid credentials:
(a) a clear or life California teaching credential that requires a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including student teaching or the equivalent and holds an English learner authorization; or
(b) a clear or life California designated subjects teaching credential in adult education, career technical education, vocational education or special subjects, provided the applicant also possess a baccalaureate degree, and holds an English learner authorization; or
(c) a clear or life California services credential in pupil personnel services, health services for school nurse, teacher librarian services, or speech-language pathology or clinical or rehabilitative services requiring a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including field work or the equivalent.

Apply Now

Request Info

Back to top